- Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Shirley Oaks Hospital - Croydon
- Functional Area
- Clinical - Contract ~ Theatre
- Proposed Hours Per Week
- Role Hours
- Role Type
- Job Description
- Closing date
- Job Advert
BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer. With 59 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is a ‘magnet for the best’ nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business. Being part of a bigger healthcare group gives you as an employee great future career opportunities all over the country.
The BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital is a well-equipped hospital providing healthcare across a number of specialities. The hospital has a range of outpatient services, 2 operating theatres, imaging facilities, a JAG Accredited Endoscopy Unit and an enhanced recovery unit. These facilities combined with the latest in technology and on-site support services; enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of investigations and operations. Consultants have the support of caring and highly trained nursing and allied healthcare professionals as well as access to some of the latest technology and equipment. With a team of resident medical officers available 24hours a day, the hospital provides an ideal environment for excellent clinical care and patient recovery.
As a result of this on-going growth we have a number of exciting opportunities available for experienced Theatre Practitioners to join the team at the BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital in Croydon, Greater London. We are therefore looking for people who share BMI Healthcare’s belief in providing the highest standards of perioperative care for patients.
These are full time roles for 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Mentorship qualification
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment.
- Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification desirable
- ALS Previous qualification in healthcare desirable
- IT GCSE at grade A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To deliver safe quality care for patients during their perioperative phase of care. To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Apply and promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a salary of up to £36500 for these vacancies and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.